content header
Wednesday, March 14, 2007
The Kingdom Of Leo and Random Writings By Me
So, you may have noticed we've upped the blog reviews to 2 per day - so look out! Double the bitchiness, double the fun :)

The first review is The Kingdom of Leo

First Impression: This kingdom looks cool! If only I was the nasty wench it would be SO much better :) I immediately had the impression of Vegas baby! The colors, the lettering, the header - I immediately saw gambling in my future.

Template: Personally, I think it works well together. It definitely has a kingdom, castle, Excalibur in Vegas feeling. I don't even mind the black background because the colors are so...well... colorful! The crown totally makes the header. The sidebar is so perfectly organized it boggles the mind. I don't love the color of the comments that are not so neatly put on the sidebar, but it goes with some of the colors in the writing so I can see why it was done, I just don't like that it was done. Even still, everything was rolled up and the pretty little boxes on the bottom were nicely in order.

Content: FIRST - he LOVES American Idol, at least he pretends too because he talks about it a lot, but not too much that you want to puke if you hate the show. He immediately had my first thought that he hopes Sanjaya gets kicked off. Already, I'm loving this guy more and more! He has been posting his days of being sober which is a whopping 1012 days so for that I give him a big thumbs up (as I'm mentally calculating in my head that it is, uh, uh, uh, like almost 3 years - right?). WAY TO GO!! The posts are diverse and funny! The man even had the guts to write about a dream he had of Barbara Streisand and finding her socks... he gets a great rating in my book just for that :)

In Summation: I don't know if it is the whole kingdom thing or the look of Vegas, but I'm definitely coming back to read what he has to say. Lots of everyday crap that I like to read about, some humor, with the hint of seriousness, and an obvious love of life. At least I felt that way! Check it out for yourself!

Rating - 8 out of 10

_____________________________________________________________________________________



Random Writings By Me

First Thought: Honestly? Cover the kiddies ears and close their eyes...

I thought - Oh Fuck, I have to read this shit??

Well, someone has to do it, so I am reading it. When you first open the page it looks like a freakin notebook. If I wanted to read legal pads of paper I would go back to an actual job. First off you have to have a magnifying glass to actually see the words, but more on the template later. I hated the name - Random writings by me. If they are so random, have a diary not a blog. People don't want random, they want stories, they want tales, they want something that does not make them yawn!

Template: Blah, yuck, fugly! It is small, outdated, and generally makes you blind just looking at all the different lines. Yeah, yeah, yeah, the sidebar is neatly organized but I think it just looks that way because it is so damn small. I really have nothing else to say - just go look at it and come to your own conclusions - if you don't have to squint so damn much.

Content: Snore, zzzzzzzzzz, Snore, zzzzzzzzzz, Snore, zzzzzzzzz...
Oh wait, I'm sorry, I must have fallen asleep. Is there anything of any interest on this page? That is a big fat no. Mommy craft's, a post about writers block... Hold up! Writers block? She barely writes! On the first page she had 7 posts since February 2nd? Should we even be reviewing such a boring, non-committal blog? Especially when she says writing this blog is therapy for her. I guess you're not getting nearly enough, and you must seek help immediately! Oh I am so done with this blog...

Rating - 0 out of 10
content header

9 Comments:

Blogger Leesa says...

I thought "Random Writings by Me" had a very clean look, though I was not wild about the content. But you know, the writing style was nice; content was not my cup of tea. But that does not detract from the blog (it remains consistant to its "mission").

3/15/2007 7:11 AM  
Blogger Amy says...

Thanks for the review.

3/15/2007 8:08 AM  
Blogger Diva Dee says...

Loved the first one, and I will take some time later today to read some more of it. Wouldn't he be a fun guy to hang with for a night in Vegas? The pic of him reminds of someone who should be on "The Sopranos."

As far as the second one goes, the only thing I even liked about this blog is that she changed the template since she first submitted the site to us. It used to be pink, pink, pink... and it looks like she's only posting every two weeks, or sometimes less? I'm of the firm opinion that there's a readership out there for every blog, but girl, you have to actually give them something to READ. A tip -- start commenting more on blogs you read (you already mentioned this yourself) and you'll see more visitors to your site. Then WRITE something. You're right-- blogging is a good form of therapy, but even a REAL therapist wants to see you more than every few weeks! Give us something more to go on as far as content, and re-submit your site again.

Other than that, the template is a little funky. The lines on the paper is too dark and it makes it hard to follow what you're actually writing. Just a suggestion.

3/15/2007 9:53 AM  
Blogger elizabeth says...

tell the truth. that leo guy is a friend of yours, right? it's the only way i can make sense of that 8 rating. i mean, he seems like a nice enough guy, but the blog...blech.

the only decent post was the dream one, but then i didn't get past that first page because reading white on black is headache-inducing, and i didn't really need to read yet another person's stupid american idol opinion.

also: can he cram more links into each post?
that google search thing is all sorts of the wrong size (at least in firefox)

i'd give him 2 points. one for the header with the fun font and the use of "juxtaposition", the other for the picture of him with the headless ken doll.

i agree completely with the other review...snoozville.

3/15/2007 2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

LOL Elizabeth - no really, he isn't a friend of mine. I never saw the blog till yesterday, but I stand by my opinion. I enjoyed it! Of course maybe I was hard up for Vegas, but even still, I liked it!

3/15/2007 7:17 PM  
Blogger Girlie says...

O.M.G. I feel like I got away with something...

Ladies, I like this new look. Much, much better than the other one.

3/16/2007 2:52 AM  
Blogger Whisky says...

I just popped by his blog and had the shock of my life!
He has commented on his review and added a picture link of a certain English actor naked!!! Wowwweeee!.

In the papers over here in the UK we get the edited version, but I was aching to see the "real thing".

If I was twenty years younger.......................


hugs

Whisky

xxxx

3/16/2007 8:56 AM  
Blogger Diva Dee says...

Somehow it makes me sick to my stomach to see "Harry Potter" totally nudie-rudie. I really don't care to see his schlong right before lunch.

3/16/2007 11:56 AM  
Blogger RubyLou says...

Elizabeth, I agree, I didn't like the first blog at all and found the template revolting! LOL!

And Harry Potter naked, equally revolting.

3/17/2007 9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home