content header
Thursday, July 26, 2007
Wiping Up Snot
____________________________________________________________________________

Blog Being Reviewed: Wiping Up Snot

Reviewed By: Chatty Chicka
____________________________________________________________________________


At First Glance: Lord, I love this blog.... from the kid picking his nose with the zeal usually reserved for fat girls and Little Debbie cakes, all the way back to the very first post.


Template/Design: It's brown... but it totally works! Three columns, which I am not diggin' on so much, but not so cluttered that I grab my head and scream "God help me baby Jesus, STOP the insanity!" or anything. I'd like to see the archives in the FIRST column near the top, which would make it much easier for me to click back to my favorite posts. And a tiny ewww yuck for the buttons and awards - and the reason that it's a TINY ewww is that at least she WARNS me they are there, in a little section entitled "Buttons, Buttons, Everywhere." Bigger ewww on the advertising, but again, at least it's in its own little section. I LOVE with a big sparkly heart the Categories section and demand that she IMMEDIATELY move it up, either to the TOP of the third column, or below the archives in the first column.


Content: Here is where she shines. This was the first post I read, and as soon as I finished reading it I knew that I must have her for my very own best friend. Then I read this one, and decided I might marry her. You know, if I were gay, and if she put out, and all... Seriously, though, she writes the things I like to read. Funny shit, that happens in REAL LIFE. She writes about the things that make her angry. She writes about the mundane. She writes about BUGS! Oh, I could point you to so many more fantastic posts, but I want you to go read her, RIGHT FREAKING NOW, and see for yourself how fabulous she is...


What is the first thing I would change about this blog?: I personally would lose all the buttons, move the archives and the categories and ditch the ads. But I am starting to realize that people actually LIKE those award thingies, so I'm going to try to swallow my vomit when I see them and stop making rude comments about them.


What is the best feature of this blog?: Everything she writes. Because it's fabulous and funny and will make you spit Diet Coke Plus all over your computer screen. And maybe pee, a little. Not that any of that happened to me, you understand. I am the PICTURE of ladylike decorum when I'm reviewing a blog. But I digress. Karly is Kute. Karly is Komical. Karly is a KICK-ASS writer. Go, Karly, Go, Karly...


Rating: 9.5 And the only reason it isn't a 10 is that I just HATE those darn buttons!

Labels:

content header

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous says...

OH MY GOD. Just so you know I just woke my daughter up with all the screaming and dancing and jumping I did as I read your review!! I will totally make some of the changes you suggested...THANK YOU!!

7/26/2007 9:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

Fabulous review! Karly is fantastic. She's my BBF (best blogging friend), so you'll have to get in line to marry her. I'm the number 2 if Cleatus ever bails. I've got dibs.

7/26/2007 11:53 PM  
Blogger Jenn in Holland says...

I totally agree with you! Karly KICKS it!

7/27/2007 7:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

Ya Karly! LOVE you!!! Great review and pretty well bang on!

(Roll up yer damn buttons woman!)

7/27/2007 7:16 AM  
Blogger Naughty Nina says...

Excellent review Chicka, you got me hooked too now!

7/27/2007 8:05 AM  
Blogger &emmuhsofr3shh; says...

Omigosh, I love her blog, I think the first day I read it I went back a read as many more as I could because she makes me laugh so hard, and I just <3 people who make me laugh!

7/28/2007 8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home