content header
Tuesday, August 7, 2007
Novembrance



Blog Being Reviewed: Novembrance
Reviewed By: Diva Dee



At First Glance: Books. Meh... an intellectual blog.

Template/Design: It's tan, and it has books. Nothing wrong with it, but I think the author needs to breathe a little life into it. The best thing about it as I'm writing this review is the picture of her daughter. What a cutie!

So, the template is decent. Blogger template, but it sounds like this author spends too much time writing to worry something as unimportant as a template. Her sidebar is neat and tidy, and although she has been blogging for a awhile, she has kept her blogroll and categories under control-- meaning they aren't overwhelming my senses and keeping me from either seeing or reading her content.

Content: Wow. I sit here and wonder how this blogger finds the time to do everything? CIA-Nights, homeschooling, and reading--oh GAWD the reading this woman does! I will confess one thing: I love to read, but I feel like an idiot that the books she mentions are titles I've never even heard of before! Where have I been? Probably living under a rock, watching the dreaded TV. At least thats what she would say. She despises TV, with the exception of "Noggin; Mets games; and Fresh Prince of Bel-Air reruns.".

In addition to being a reading fanatic, she knits, she gardens (and I won't even go into what that summer squash looks like to ME), and whew! This gal wears me out. How in the world do you find the time to BLOG, woman?

The content is not my kinda reading, but I couldn't find anything that would make me hate it either. We are just two people with different interests, and I can't fault a gal for that. I did feel like many of her posts read like laundry lists, like she was writing everything she did that day simply because she needed something to post.

What is the first thing I would change about this blog? If it was ME, I would change the template, and spice up the writing a bit. She's a good writer, but nothing grabbed my attention and made me want to stay, either.

What is the best feature of this blog? Her kids seem happy!

Rating: 6

Labels:

content header

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home