content header
Monday, July 30, 2007
Correr Es Mi Destino - My New Life In Canada...Under The Snow



Blog Being Reviewed: Correr Es Mi Destino...
Reviewed By: Diva Dee



At First Glance: Correr es my destino... correr is my destiny. Correr... what the hell does "Correr" mean? Four years of high school Spanish and I remember NOTHING.

Thank God for GOOGLE.

Correr (def): race, run

Whew! Moving on...

Template/Design: What a colorful home she's made herself here in the blog world! I was a little puzzled as to why she would have so much Asian art and references on her site when she is from Canada. Thankfully, she's organized enough to include an "About Me" and also an "About My Blog" so fools like me can get some learnin.'

The site is colorful and pretty, and incorporates so much of HER into it. She has captured nearly every aspect of her background and life into the template, if you just look for yourself. She has a neat and organized sidebar, a place for everything and everything in its place. Kudos!

A side note: under your category "I Said That?" the word PREVIOUSLY is spelled wrong.

Content: So here's where it gets interesting. She speaks fluent French, Chinese and English. She readily admits up front that her English grammar is not the best, so I will ignore the minor translation glitches, and just sit in awe of someone that can speak more than one language, and do it WELL.

I struggled with this blog because many of the posts are in French. So I obviously can't review that portion of the content, because I speak nothin' but English. But there is a great post here about adjusting to life in Canada.

Juliette (Zhu) has travelled the world in her young life, and has experienced places I will never visit in my lifetime. She's a font of knowledge on many subjects, and she seems to truly want to become a part of every place she visits.

What is the first thing I would change about this blog? I just wish I could read the posts that are in French.

What is the best feature of this blog? Living her life through osmosis. Thanks for blogging about your experiences in this crazy world.

Rating: 9

Labels:

content header

3 Comments:

Blogger Webmiztris says...

yay! Zhu's awesome. :)

7/30/2007 10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

Thanks for the review !

Don't scare the readers... not that many posts are in French and they're mostly about steps to take to move to Canada ;)

And previsouly/ previously... bless spell-check ! :D (did I spell it right this time ???)

7/30/2007 4:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

Oh, and if you wanna take some French lessons...

well actually, I quite like you after the nice review, so I didn't say anything ! :D

7/30/2007 4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home