content header
Friday, August 3, 2007
So a blonde walks into a blog



Blog Being Reviewed: So a blonde walks into a blog
Reviewed By: Naughty Nina



At First Glance: Excellent header! Pink writing on black – very chic. Cute character too - with her martini and pink handbag! And the disco ball – awesome!

This is a winning header people, even if it's not your flavor (it's so totally mine though) – you already get a feeling at first glance what kind of person you're going to encounter here… so listen to me now and believe me later, just like size - first impressions matter. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.

Template/Design:
THE AWESOME: The very informative about me section (so I can get to know her, love her or hate her in under five minutes) and her very pretty photo are exactly where they should be - up at the top where my eyeballs first land! Good on ya girl - I'm stickin' around!

THE GOOD: Her post area is really big and roomy and the soft pink edges keep your eyes focused on the middle section – no distractions from reading the juicy goodness inside.

THE BAD: I don’t like the font size or the too-light pink color of her links. This may sound picky, but it's important - the font is too small and hard to read – and with so much room on the post section it doesn’t need to be – can you make it bigger please so I can come back every day and not get a migraine from squinting? The pink color is awesome but it kind of hurts to look at it against the very white background – it just does goofy things with the eyeballs. A tiny bit darker shade of pink would totally help. Or maybe I just shouldn’t drink and blog.

THE UGLY: The dreaded side bar - Do fuck and fuckety-fuck-fuck mean anything to you? Cus they’re the first words that came to my potty mouth when I saw the sidebar! Gawd, girlfriend work with me will ya - I’m trying to love your blog here.

Your ten most recent posts section – so cutely named “blonde moments” and your archives – are WAY too far down the side bar underneath your vast collection of awards, pictures and other fluffy stuff that I could personally live without. And so should you. But if you must have them to honour your friends, loved ones or to promote your blogger status - at least put them at the bottom where we can go looking for them if we want. Readers are actually looking for your posts… not fluff.

Content: I LOVE this blogger and I want her for my very own best friend cus she’ll never talk about you behind your back, evil-eye your children while you’re not looking or sleep with your boyfriend – she’s cute and warm and kind and loving – it just oozes out of her writing. And it’s genuine - there’s not a fake or shallow bone in her body, you just know it. She’s got a lot of heavy stuff on her plate (work, family, schooling and lots of health issues) but carries it all like a champ, clings to her faith in God and still manages to find some light fun and the joy in the purchase of a new handbag. I heart her.

What is the one thing I would change about this blog? See bad and ugly above, twique it here and there and you’ve got yourself a perfect blogspot.

One wish I have for the author is that she'd stop apologizing for her ranting, raving and/or complainy or sad posts... she has a lot on her mind and her heart and in her life and that's what this blog is for - it's supposed to be her place to get it all out (good and bad) and not be sorry for doing it.

What is the best feature of this blog? I laid it all out under content above – This little blonde beauty is exactly that – a beauty - inside and out. And this is the post that told me that her and I were meant to be bff’s.

Rating: 9
*******************************************************************************

Labels:

content header

4 Comments:

Blogger Webmiztris says...

nice! Dawn's a sweetheart. :)

8/03/2007 8:49 AM  
Blogger The Ferryman says...

Now wait a minute...Dawn and I are already BFF...

8/03/2007 6:46 PM  
Blogger BlondeBlogger says...

Oh my gosh, am I a total loser if I admit that that made me cry?! :)

Thank you SO much for your kind words and I totally agree with you on your suggestions. Will work on those ASAP.

And thank you for telling me I shouldn't apologize. I have such a guilt/people pleaser complex all of the time so I feel better hearing you say that.

Nina, you're definitely MY new BFF after that review! Love 'ya!

*waving* to Dawn (webmiztris). Thanks to you, too! The feeling's totally mutual! ((((HUGS))))

Now I'm off to reread the review 100 more times, lol. I think I should tape it to my frige and read it whenever I'm having a bad day!

8/03/2007 6:46 PM  
Blogger BlondeBlogger says...

Ha! Fab! Same exact post time! Jinx..you owe me a coke. :) And you'll always be my BFF forever!

8/03/2007 6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home