content header
Thursday, August 9, 2007
Bella's Life On The Island




Blog Being Reviewed: Bella's Life On The Island
Reviewed By: Diva Dee



At First Glance: I think I'm going to learn everything I need to know about Pleasure Island. Probably even more than I want to know.

Template/Design: It's a standard Wordpress template. The one thing I do like about WordPress is that the templates are organized. They are neat, tidy, and feel like my house right after the cleaning lady leaves. Just like she folds the end of my toilet paper into a neat point-- have you seen that before?

This template screams "toilet paper corners." It's got tabs at the top, which I like tremendously. Wherever you want to go in this blog, there's probably a tab for it, or an easy-to-find link in the sidebar. A few suggestions though. I would be shortening up the list of categories and moving the "Virtual Brochure" and "Categories" UP the sidebar, and move the "Subscribe" widget DOWN. Other than that, the pic in the header is perfectly in synch with the theme of this blog. She also has a perfectly written description of herself here. Kudos. If I ever want to plan to visit this area of the country, I will surely know where to go for "insider information."

My one complaint about the template is the Amazon.com advertising. Go check for yourself in some of her posts. It tags certain words and links them to something similar on their site. For example, when she signed her name as "Merry Mermaid" a hyperlink is created linking me to "A Merry Mermaid Christmas" book which you can buy for the low, low price of $3.99.

Content: This isn't going to be a blog that you would turn to when you need a laugh, or looking for a good anecdote about poopy diapers. You won't see a post detailing her fantastic weekend at BlogHer either. She is a self-proclaimed tour guide and set this blog up as a travel reference to attract people to one of her favorite areas of the country. I, myself, would definitely buy some of these simply on her recommendation alone.

What is the best feature of this blog? She gives very descriptive reviews of every aspect of this seemingly fabulous location. I'd definitely like to go there sometime!

What is the first thing I would change about this blog? A few minor things about the template, listed above.

Rating: 8 (the Amazon links kept making me think you were directing me somewhere else. Lose those, tweak the template a bit, and you're set. )

Labels:

content header

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous says...

Thanks Diva Dee! I am pleased with the 8-and have taken your constructive comments to heart.
Do send an email before your NC vacation so I can send some complimentary items your way.
Bella

8/12/2007 8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home